Geographic Business Intelligence platform to significantly extend own SaaS and customer sites
Orange, CA - January 4, 2011 – Alteryx, Inc., is now demonstrating its powerful, new (.NET-based) web services technology by adding six web wizards to its popular DemographicsNow® SaaS offering. These six new web wizards leverage best-practice demographic and spatial solutions easily developed in the Alteryx® platform and made accessible using the same technology recently announced and demonstrated for the Windows Azure platform at the November Microsoft Professional Developers Conference.
DemographicsNow.com is a SaaS (software as a service) subscription-based online service that gives novice and expert users fast access to the website's real-time interactive maps, detailed summary and comparison reports, U.S. Census data, and many authoritative third-party data sources.
Alteryx web wizards provide easy access to powerful business intelligence (BI) analytical tools via a form- and menu-based interface. SaaS users can change process inputs, parameters, and output selections for a ready-made solution, all without the need to build, host and operate their own custom-made Alteryx module.
The six new web wizards available for use on our SaaS DemographicsNow service are especially relevant to retailers, restaurant chains, commercial real estate brokers, marketers, advertisers and economic development analysts:
- ZIP Territory Creator – start with a ZIP code and create trade areas based on user-specified minimum and maximum household counts
- Create Trade Areas – target new customers by defining a trade area polygon around current store locations that reflect a specific number of households
- Market Score Card – rank geographies based on new growth opportunities by modeling an area's target workforce densities and environmental conditions
- Potential Site Analysis – evaluate potential new locations by calculating the best blend of demographics, competition, and traffic volume for a given business model
- Media Evaluation – optimize advertising spend by comparing an area's consumer profiles or segmentation clusters to the available media vehicles and content
- Sister Store Correlation – leverage a ‘fast benchmark' method wherein the demographics of potential new sites are compared to comparable existing sites, for fact-based sales estimates
"Our subscribers use the new wizard capabilities to analyze variables, such as socio-demographics, lifestyles, behaviors and culture to evaluate a market's purchasing patterns," said Dean Stoecker, CEO of Alteryx. "They also use these best-practice solutions to quickly define their best customer profiles, target prospects, uncover market opportunities, and conduct high-level predictive analytics."
Subscriptions to DemographicsNow start at $159 a month (no contract required) and include regular updates to the service's core data sources. Optional industry-specific datasets are available. The Alteryx Professional Services group can also create customized and branded web wizards and SaaS offerings, for simple, standardized, enterprise-wide solutions for LOB managers and staff.
Solving business problems for nearly a quarter-million users worldwide, Alteryx is driving the global revolution in Geographic Business Intelligence®. Through smart, extensible solutions from the desktop to the web, the Alteryx software platform delivers the fastest, most comprehensive consumer, business and market insights to the Fortune 500, mid-market companies, government and academia. Alteryx hosted, on-premise and SaaS solutions integrate spatial intelligence into enterprise workflows, seamlessly scaled across local, regional and global markets. Inspiring ingenuity since 1997, Alteryx, Inc. is headquartered in Orange, Calif., with its Technology Center in Boulder, Colo. For more information please visit www.alteryx.com.
Alteryx, DemographicsNow, and Geographic Business Intelligence are registered trademarks of Alteryx, Inc.