Software companies gather telemetry data from their products to better understand how they perform in production and how customers use them. The data, rich in clues about customer experience and business impact, is useful in product development and planning. Telemetry data is also useful in detecting and diagnosing problems before they affect customers. However, the variety of sources and formats makes it difficult to collect, blend, distill and store all the data a single company receives.
With a data pipeline, marketers and engineers can collect user data, automate data cleansing, store data in an accessible format, and provide distilled insights to users who need them. At the same time, the pipeline can mitigate the risk of disrupted data flow. Advanced analytics provides an end-to-end solution for automating processes like telemetry data collection, with customized output for each type of user.
With Alteryx, you can:
- Easily connect to multiple sources like MongoDB or AWS and multiple types of customer telemetry data
- Create a custom batch sequence that prevents workflows from failing and requiring restart
- Create custom, automated processes for data cleansing that output the same data in multiple formats
- Automate connection and loading of data into Tableau dashboards for insight into customer data and health of data pipeline
- Store distilled data in an easily accessible data warehouse, enabling end users to access and perform their own analytics.