On average, sales reps spend about 20% of their time on administrative tasks, including researching where customers are in their buying journey and identifying which accounts to prioritize. Support cases, sales inquiries, product usage metrics, and buying patterns are all valuable data points that sales reps need to consider in order to understand where they stand with their customers. But every minute they spend manually prioritizing accounts is a minute less they can spend addressing customer needs.
The process of optimizing sales performance and understanding accounts requires an automated and concise view of key customer metrics. The ideal view makes priority accounts stand out, clearly defines customer segments, and clearly displays key metrics like:
- Annual Contract Value (ACV): What the customer currently has invested in the product
- Renewal Health Score (RHS): How likely the customer is to renew or buy again
- Runway Metrics: Total estimated lifetime value of the customer
With a segmented view of customers based on key metrics, sales reps can focus on the highest value accounts, address groups of accounts in danger of churning, and apply winning strategies to similar accounts.
With Alteryx, you can:
- Automatically extract data from Salesforce, or use In-Database tools to prep & blend data before extraction
- Apply business rules, such as key performance indicators (KPIs)
- Perform advanced segmentation methods, such as k-means clustering plus develop models either by pulling in custom python code with the Python tool, or using Alteryx Intelligence Suite
- Connect data output to Tableau dashboards, send automated emails to managers, or store data in Snowflake
Account Segmentation Example Designer Workflow
1 – In-Database Tools
2 - Advanced Analytics
3 – Operationalize