Easily source, centralize, enrich, and publish metadata with Alteryx.
Are You Harnessing Data About Your Data?
Your data sources contain masses of metadata that can be unlocked from field types, custom objects, and whole schemas. Meanwhile analytics contain metadata including business terms, report definitions, workflows, and more. Harnessing and managing it all accelerates analytics initiatives and improves consistency. Alteryx makes sourcing, centralizing, enriching, and publishing metadata easy for all users.
Metadata Management Made Easy
Alteryx makes sourcing and managing metadata painless. Metadata loaders automatically read definitions and relationships from your data sources. Business users get a clear view into fields, data types, relationships, and workflows. And governance ensures everyone’s using the right, trusted metadata.
- Source and load metadata: Easily access and load metadata from applications, databases, and files to speed data preparation
- Metadata tool: This tool provides instant one-click visibility into field names, data type, size, data sources, and descriptions
- Metadata governance: Marshal and manage metadata with versioning, centralization, certification, and even user ratings
Unshackle Metadata From Your Data Assets
Alteryx provides metadata management that natively extracts and refreshes field names, schemas, and more to speed integration and flex with change.
- Source metadata: Alteryx automatically loads field names, types, objects, schemas, and relationships from common sources to speed analytics and cataloging
- Pre-configured metadata loaders: These are provided for Amazon Redshift, data files, Alteryx Server Gallery, Exasol, Oracle, Salesforce, SQL Server, Tableau, and much more
- Update metadata automatically: Metadata loaders can be configured to provide metadata management and refresh automatically on schedule
Metadata Catalog That’s Built for Business
Metadata catalogs provide a powerful advantage: They centralize business terms, data workflows, field names, and reports in a single searchable and consistent repository. Alteryx Connect makes it easy for all users across the organization to publish, update, discuss, and share metadata.
- Search metadata: Easily find apps, workflows, macros, visualizations, dashboards, and data science models using search functionality
- Centralized catalog: This is a single trusted store to locate data source information, find workflows, access a data dictionary, and find data descriptions
- Rank and discuss metadata: Not all metadata is equal. Alteryx enables users to discuss, curate, annotate, and even rate workflows, business terms, and reports to maximize relevancy.