Sound insights begin with healthy data.
Create Analytic Datasets at the Speed of Thought
Do you know if data is statistically sound and ready for analysis? With complete data profiling capabilities built into the data preparation and blending process, Alteryx enables analysts and business users to instantly assess the statistical health, completeness and quality of a dataset, and enrich or blend in supplemental data to make it analytics-ready.
Quickly Assess That Your Data is Analytics-Ready
Time spent in data preparation isn’t the whole story. It means hours spent ensuring it’s statistically complete enough to make sound conclusions around. Alteryx empowers data workers and analysts to independently assess the health of a dataset while they work on it.
- Data profiling visualizations – Field level bar charts, scatterplots and colorizations provide visual view of statistical distribution of values, and segmentation based on quality and issues
- Visually assess data health – See the statistical distribution of the dataset as well as a grading of data completeness in each column
- Identify granular data issues – See profiling graphs showing data quality of each columns based on different data types
Apply Detailed Data Profiling Power
Alteryx data profiling provides specific statistics based on individual fields in your data, based on their data types, no matter where you’re flowing data from. Understand the cleanliness and quality of your string values, such as number of nulls or non-standard strings, or assess the goodness of your numeric values.
- String health assessment – indicate distribution of string values with issues like leading or trailing whitespaces, unique values, nulls, average, longest and shortest lengths
- Numeric health assessment – See average, max, min, standard deviation, variances, and percentile groupings of numeric values
- Profile any data– Whether from data warehouses, cloud apps, spreadsheets and other sources, all in the Alteryx Designer
Utilize Enrichment and Data Quality Tooling
Knowing that you’ve got work to do to improve your data quality needn’t mean going back to square one. Alteryx provides all the data manipulation, matching, and even the incorporation of third-party data you need to improve your data health.
- Improve quality – Over 45 tools like find and replace, appending, impute values, parsing, matching and more to scrub and cleanse data
- Fuzzy matching – Easily isolate and manage non-identical duplicates based on adjustable parameters
- Upgrade data – Add-in supplemental or third-party datasets such as data from Experian, TomTom, or US Census Data to add more spatial or demographic fields and values